Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Fenway

Ahhhh...Fenway Park in Boston. It's pretty iconic to say the least!! When my husband and I started planning out our trip to Boston back in 2014, we got tickets to a Yankees - Red Sox game before we even had plane tickets or a hotel to stay in. When you find out that one of baseball's biggest and longest rivalries is happening when you're in town, it's just want you do!!! We got great seats behind first base int he grandstand (so we'd be under cover if it rained) and it happened to be Derek Jeter's last season with the Yankees...so it was a win win for all involved!! I'll never forget all the boo's the crowd shouted when they introduced the Yankees, that is until they got to Jeter and he was given a lot of clapping and screams instead. I guess the respect for how he played the game regardless of the team he represented outweighed the rivalry for that short time.

We got to Fenway pretty early with quite a bit of time to kill before we'd be let into the Park, so we just hung out on Yawkee Way, walked around the Red Sox shop a bit, then stopped in one of the bars for a beer. We (along with thousands of others) eventually got pushed back as they prepped the gates for opening, and needless to say it was SUPER crowded. It was a sold out game so crowded is an understatement!!!

I wasn't sure how I'd use this silver foil paper, but once I had my page design (pulled it from an older layout I did because when I struggle with how to arrange a layout I look to past layouts that I love) and this one just came together. I am not one who minds the gold and silver contrast on a layout either, obviously!! Love how this one turned out and it's suck a great memory to add to the scrapbook of this trip!!


Thanks for stopping by!!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment