Monday, February 22, 2016

a change in plans


I got 2 sheets of this Studio Calico paper during their last call sale earlier this month because I loved the B side. It's the plano pattern in an orange/yellow color. I didn't think for one second that I'd use the A side when I ordered it!! Change of plans when my box arrived. I fell in love with those words and decided to add a photo with a few layers to the side. I didn't add any journaling really, just the date on a label. Instead, I let the words on the paper do all the talking. The photo is one I wasn't planning to scrapbook because it's a bit washed out. It was a selfie my husband and I took on Christmas day this past year while at his parent's house. For some reason, we always sit in the same spot in front of their big window every year. In 2014, we took a similar selfie with our niece and nephew and got a similar washed out look. I guess it's sort of tradition now. Just a few simple layers of Shimelle's Christmas Magic line and embellishments to make a quick and simple page. Here's hoping I use the second piece of this paper with the B side!!

Thanks for stopping by!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment