Tuesday, January 26, 2016

35 @ 35

Happy Tuesday!! Last week I was honored to host the challenge over at Studio Calico. The challenge was to use an older kit. Seeing as how I've got a back log of kits piling up along with kits I just can't bear to break apart yet, I figured it was a good challenge for me too. Here's what I created using the Sandlot kit (an old favorite of mine).


A few years back I started documenting fun things that happened the year before, on my birthday. Meaning, this photo was taken on my first day at 36 and I reflected upon 35 things I did, saw, and/or ate while I was 35. I was feeling a bit lazy this year too in that I didn't write out the whole list on the layout, but instead printed off the note I had made of the list on my iPhone, attached that to a shipping tag, then tucked it into a glassine bag that's behind the watercolor date card. I like to think of it as work smart not hard! HA!!! It's so fun to look back on these layouts that I'm thinking my hubby should get involved this year!! Most of the time, I record the events on my phone (as in this case) or in a note book. So much tends to happen that I want to make sure I get it all down when it's happening...that way I don't forget anything later when I'm putting the layout together. Need to put my 36 @ 36 layout together soon too, at least that's my goal before to do before I turn 38 this summer!!

Hope you're having a great day today!! Thanks for stopping by!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment