Friday, June 5, 2015

Five on Friday: Scrapping on the Road

As I mentioned yesterday, I am out of town in NY (going to CT today) and I am scrapbooking while on the road. I decided to use the Amy Tan class album that we put together for a mini book for this trip!! I pre-built all the pages inside. I followed the class PDF that we were given and added in a few more. I'll share the album once I get home and I'll try my best to take in-progress pics to share as well!! It's my first time scrapping on the road so I wanted to share what I packed!!! Keep in mind I searched tons of blogs to find out what can and can't be carried on and I did my best to really limit my supplies while still feeling comfortable with having enough. Besides the album that I shared yesterday here's five things I brought along with me on this trip...


I used an old zip loc bag I got from and Amy Tan class to hold the supplies I was going to pack into my carry on suit case. I do have two small pouches in my purse with adhesive, roller stamps (date and phrase), ink, a stamp block, and some pens. I didn't take a picture of those since they're basic supplies. I plan to take a trip to the local hobby lobby later today by my parent's house to pick up some scissors and a paper trimmer. I'll just leave those in my room at the house or ship them back to my house before I leave next week. Either option is good. I also thought about bringing my mini stapler, crop-a-dile, and fuse tools, but I wasn't 100% sure they would make it through security, so I opted to not have those confiscated and left them home. I don't figure I will need them. And if I do, I can just make a note on the post-its I also packed and take care of those needs when I get back home next week. No biggie to me!!

This is a closer look to what I packed without taking the majority of it out of the bag. I brought along the pdf file from the class, just as a reference, and it made a nice smooth top to the inside of the bag...made it nice and flat! So...five things I've got in there besides the pdf...stamps, embellishments (die cuts, word stickers, wood veneer tags, puffy stickers, and enamel shapes), thicker word stickers, paper scraps (I think I only have one maybe two full sheets of 12x12 in there), and washi tape (strips from Amy Tan's latest line and full rolls).


It was a little hard to keep my supplies limited, but I already had the base of the album pages completed, so there wasn't a whole lot that I needed. I just packed this stuff so I could have a little fun while scrapping on my trip. I did pare it down a little too as I packed.

Hope y'all are having a wonderful Friday!! Here's to a great and relaxing weekend ahead!! I'll be back tomorrow with another layout share. Until then, thanks for stopping by!
deb



No comments:

Post a Comment