Thursday, June 4, 2015

Good Things

Back on May 14th, I had the opportunity to take a class was Amy Tan at Whim So Doodle in St. Petersburg, FL. It's a bit of a hike for me to get there from Orlando, but every so often I make the trip. It's nice to see product in person verses online. It's also nice that they bring in some great people from the industry to teach classes.


We used paints, paper, and stickers to transform an A5 album into a super cute mini album. I am headed out of town later today to visit family in NY and CT, and I am planning to take this mini book with me and scrapbook on the road. I was planning to take along my Canon Selphy, but I recently found out that my mom got one for Christmas, so I am happy that I don't need to worry about packing that. I've got two smaller pouches and a Studio Calico kit pouch that I am planning to pack with a limited selection of supplies, and I will likely stop at a Hobby Lobby near my parent's house to pick up a few things that I won't bring (think paper trimmer, scissors, etc...since I am carrying on...don't want to chance anything with blades and such). I may bring along a pair of rounded tip scissors since those can be carried on. I am debating on my Fuse tool. I've been told you can carry that on, but I am not sure I want to test TSA!! I figure I can always fuse pages when I get home next week.


Can't wait to be crafty on the road!! I am thinking I'll be taking my traveler's journal as well, but I will have homework (in grad school) so I don't want to stretch myself too thin. It's certainly going to be nice to get out of town (alone as the hubby is staying in FL). I wonder if I will get any funny looks if I break out my crafty supplies on the airplane!! I'll definitely document plane crafting if I do it!! Have a fabulous day!! Thanks for stopping by!!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment