Monday, June 22, 2015

BAR: New Haven

Hey everyone!! It's been a good two week break as I enjoyed some vacation time with family up north then returned back to FL and took some time to get back into the swing of things here. I am hoping to be back to a regular schedule though, or at least as regular as I can be. Thinking that once we get into July (next week...how did that happen), I'll likely just blog Monday through Friday and take weekends off. Thinking about topics and every day stuff combined with crafty stuff, and hopefully liven things up around here. Don't even know if I'm just blogging in space or if anyone is actually reading this stuff!!! Not too concerned about it, obviously!!

Wanted to stop in today to share a stop we made during my visit north!!! Every time my sister has visitors at her house, one place the guests are always taken for dinner is to a place called BAR. It's in New Haven, CT pretty much right across the street from Yale. No really...it is. The first time my sister and brother-in-law took me there we arrived before they opened, so we walked around part of the campus. It's also right across the street from a very popular cheeseburger place , but I've actually never eaten there!!


BAR is a brew pup that brews its own beer and serves really thin crust brick oven pizza. It really is pretty amazing stuff and I look forward to this dinner as soon as trip plans are made. It's that good!! Then have two different kids of pizza...red or white...then you pick your toppings from a HUGE list. There are 3 sizes...small, medium, and large. A medium is about the size of a large from most of the chains. A large is about three feet long and a foot wide. That sounds really big (and it is), but remember...it's really thin crust...like super thin!!! The cut the large down the middle then across the pie in thin strips. You can eat more than you think you can! When my whole family (of 7 or 8 depending on if my husband makes the trip north with me) can polish off three large pies and usually two or three pitchers of beer depending on who is drinking what.


One pizza that we always get is the large white with mashed potato and bacon. It's apparently really popular as it's a frequent picture on the BAR: New Haven location on Instagram!!! I highly recommend trying it if you're ever in that area of CT or if you ever find yourself near the Yale campus!!! You do need to like super thin crust pizza...but even if you don't the beer is totally worth it!! Next combination I want to try is a white pizza with buffalo chicken and blue cheese!!! Maybe next year as my hubby and I are thinking that will likely be our trip next year!!!


Thanks for stopping by!!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment