Wednesday, November 4, 2015

#fallcoffeecupchallenge

Happy Wednesday!! I wanted to pop in to share a project I finished up just last week. I shared it on my instagram (@sideshowdeb if you're interested). I put it together for a challenge that Wilna had over on her blog!!

I love Starbucks (and Dunkin Donuts)...that's NO secret. So I was super excited when I saw their fall cups on Instagram. Much to my dismay, I would never get one when I ordered at the famed coffee shop!! Then, one day when my husband went to get some afternoon pick-me-ups (what we call them when we grab coffee in the afternoon...usually after work), I told him he better come back with a fall cup or he's in deep doo-doo!! It's a good thing we know several of the barista's at our local Starbucks by name (and they know us too), because when he told the barista I had said that, she not only made sure my coffee came in the fall cup, but she double cupped it so I'd have a clean one to use (yes...they know I repurpose them at times as I've asked for an extra when waiting for my drink)!! I kept the clean one on display in my office for a while until I saw the challenge. Perfect way to use that cup (and I'm planning a red cup one too...red cup season is the most wonderful time of the year afterall)!!!

Having said all of that, I live in FL, so fall for me is virtually nonexistent!! There are no changing and falling leaves, no crisp air, and no sweater weather (not until possibly December if not January that is). Heck, just yesterday we hit 90* which broke the record that was set in 1929! 125 days in 2015 of 90 or higher. Ugh...I'm ready for those cooler temps for sure!! But the one thing there is in the fall now matter where I live...football. I have been a long time fan of the NE Patriots...so that's what I decided to make my album about. I take pics of my shirts and my cat (aptly named Gronk), so I featured those photos in this little, chunky, coffee cup album!! I decided to use some of Shimelle's True Stories line for the pages, since the colors went with my theme. Lots of leaves, frames, diecuts and doilies too! I had so much fun putting this together (and I used my glue gun for it...made it SO much easier to move along quickly on this). Here's some photos I took of the little book. FYI...I used a venti cup, because really, for me there is no other size for coffee!!






Hope y'all are having a great week so far!! Thanks for stopping by!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment