Tuesday, October 27, 2015

the pickle tree

Have you ever seen a pickle ornament? They're big in German tradition, and since my husband and I are both German by blood (he was actually born there and my grandfather was born there) we obviously have a pickle ornament on our tree every year. If he'd let me, I'd get another, but he thinks one is enough. I may try to sneak another on the tree this year though! We don't follow the tradition of the pickle mainly because we don't have any kids. You're supposed to hide the pickle ornament in the tree somewhere and the first person to find it wins a special present. We just hang it up near the top close to a few other ornaments that are traditional ornaments on our tree every year.

In the German pavilion in Epcot, the ornament shop has an entire tree dedicated to the pickle ornament. I'm not sure exactly when it became a tradition for us to take a selfie with the tree, but lately on every visit to Epcot (which always includes a trip into Germany) we take a selfie with the pickle ornament tree!!!

I pulled out some of the green papers from Shimelle's Christmas Magic collection, and used the tree pattern paper too for the bottom strip, to put this layout together. I kept it pretty simple with the design as well. I also pulled out the green thicker's from the older Garden Party collection (I think that was the name of that collection). I always buy thicker's in sets of two so I have plenty of letters to use, but that means that I have plenty of letters to use for quite a while!!! These went with the green theme of the layout really well.

This layout (and the one from yesterday) are really starting to get me into the holiday spirit. I can't believe it's less than two months away now. How time flies that's for sure!! I feel like we just did this. The years are going faster and faster!! Thanks for stopping by!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment