Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sketchbook 2015 - Sketch #8

It's my final layout share for the Studio Calico Sketchbook 2015 class!! This one is for sketch #8 and I struggled a bit with what I was going to do. The sketch is not something I lean toward for my normal layouts. I looked through the layouts based on the sketch and decided to put together a 6x8 page for our Minnesota vacation handbook album. We took this vacation this very week in 2013 and it was one of the most fun and memorable vacations we've had to date! I could probably say that about just about all of our vacations for sure, but this one to Minnesota was really a lot of fun!! I based my layout on one of the pages Kelly put together in her mini book, I just stretched it out to fit the 6x8 size (her mini was 4x6). Here's what I came up with...


On this particular day of our vacation we took a drive from Merrifield, MN to Duluth, MN. This is from our trip back to where we were staying!! I took a lot of open road travel pics this trip because I just loved the wide open spaces in central and northern MN!! So very different from the urban lifestyle of Orlando, FL!!! This was also the time that Rhonna Farrer released her Apple iPhone app and I was having tons of fun using it to edit photos when we were on the long drives!! I really love the simplicity of this page and might draw more inspiration from Kelly's mini book for this sketch as I continue to work on our MN vacation handbook!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment