Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy Memory

I decided I wanted to kick start my scrapbooking mojo by participating in a challenge this week...and I found two that I could combine. One is the weekly sketch challenge over at the Studio Calico blog and the other is the recipe challenge for Creative Jumpstart #7 from Marcy and Stephanie.

This is the sketch I used from Studio Calico. You can find this sketch challenge here. There's also a  card sketch and a Project Life sketch if that's more your fancy. I decided to go with the layout sketch.


The recipe challenge for Marcy's and Stephanie's Creative Jumpstart #7 challenge was to use 1 flair, 2 tags, and 5 sequins. It was pretty easy for me to pull these elements out and use them as part of my layout for the sketch above. Here's what I came up with:


I didn't use the sketch literally and pushed things together a bit. Plus I turned the tags around and used them as a base for the title and journaling, following the sketch except that I put the journaling above the title on my layout. I followed the angle of the bottom tag for the journaling. I'm a bit crazy about having my writing straight and since the two tags were at different angles, I had to pick one. With the circles and sequins on the top of the top tag, it balanced it enough for me to use the angle of the bottom tag to set my lines up with! It also follows the same angle of the title...so it's visually happy for me even though to some it might look a bit off. The other two sequins (to go along with the 3 on the "one happy day" circle element) are from Maggie Holmes Crate collection...the leaves under the flair I've been holding onto from 2 peas just for this layout!! When I picked that flair up I knew I'd use it with this photo so the melding of these two challenges for this photo was perfectly matched!!! Lots of gold on here too and some digital elements from Studio Calico as well! I used some Dewey mist splotches to finish it off. I'm thinking I might want to add some twine to the tags to give them more of a finished look.


After thinking about it and mentioning it, I did decide to add some gold twine! Love how it finishes it off! I loved getting back into making layouts after spending most of December with the mini book! I think I might have to participate in challenges more often!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
deb

No comments:

Post a Comment